If you haven’t already done so, make sure to enter the Mystery Basket Giveaway and send your bribes before the deadline – Wednesday, May 28th at midnight (Eastern time). Whoever enters the contest late will be sent to an internet forced-labor camp i keep in the blog basement, duties include chopping vegetables, opening dozens and dozens of oysters and listening to my bad jokes – plus the occasional foot massage you’ll have to perform on me. Let me tell you, it’s not pretty! Be afraid, be very afraid!!
Take this lobster roll for example. If you look at the ingredients there’s a lot of chopping, dicing etc… All forced labor! Isn’t it great to be the Chef? You take all the credit and do nuthin’. I love it. Sometimes. Not really. Anyway, i wanted to leave you with some food until i announce the winner this week-end. Enjoy (i hope) my take on the All-American Lobster Roll. Yes i know, there’s proscuitto, capers and other goodies in it. Hmm.. let’s call it a Lobster Rolls-Royce then, or the perfect picnic!
Ooops, as i’m writing this post i realized i screwed up a little bit. Calling the contest a “Mystery Basket Giveaway” when i already revealed what’s in the freakin’ basket is kind of… wrong! Duh! Oh well. Anyway, I’ll make sure to add some mystery to the winning package because the Zen-man loves to be politically correct. Cheers!
- 1 small carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 small celery stalk, coarsely grated
- 1/2 small fennel, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped cornichons
- 1 tablespoon small capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- a few dash of Tabasco
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cooked lobster meat, cut into small chunks
- 4 thin slices proscuitto
- Four hot-dog buns
- Squeeze the carrot, celery and fennel between your hands to remove the excess liquid; transfer to a medium bowl. Add the mayonnaise, cornichons, capers, lemon juice, mustard, parsley, chives, tarragon, and Tabasco, and season with salt and pepper; mix well to combine. Toss in the lobster chunks and stir until mixed well.
- Open the hot dog buns and line with a slice of proscuitto and spoon the lobster filling into the center.