My dear friends, I’m asking you to forgive me for your bruised buttocks. I think i got a little carried-away with all that spanking in my last post. Today, in an effort to redeem myself… i am giving away a free cookbook!
You will have to wait until the end of this post to find out more because i’m a bit hungry right now… Let’s eat!
Did you know JGVO has a cheap-ass blog just like this one? Check it out here but don’t forget to comeback to enter the giveaway!
Steak with Soy-Ginger Sauce
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless ribeye or sirloin steaks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it begins to smoke. Add the steaks and cook until nicely browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn and brown the other side, another minute or two. Remove the skillet from the heat and transfer the steaks to a plate.
- When the skillet has cooled slightly, return it to the stove over medium heat. Add the butter and, when it melts, the ginger. About 30 seconds later, add the soy sauce and 2 tablespoons water and stir to blend. Return the steaks to the skillet, along with accumulated juices.
- Turn the heat to medium and cook the steaks for a total of about 4 minutes, turning 3 or 4 times. (If at any time the pan threatens to dry out entirely, add another couple tablespoons of water.) At this point, the steaks will be medium-rare; cook for a little longer if you like, and serve, with the pan juices spooned over. Enjoy!
Win this beautiful cookbook Asian Grilling by Su-Mei Yu. You can follow the link to Amazon to learn all about it, you can even have a peek inside. How cool is that? I can tell you it has mouth-watering recipes that are perfect for the summer and beautiful pictures too. I will probably make a few copies before i send it to the winner… if you don’t mind.
Same rules as last time, just leave a comment on this post. Comments will be numbered in the order they are received and a winner will be picked randomly. Easy enough? Everyone is welcome to enter and i will ship the prize anywhere in the world at my own expense. You have until Thursday, July 3rd at midnight (eastern time) to enter. The winner will be announced on the July 4th week-end. Deal?Good luck to all!